|Sri Rama Foundation, DBA Sri Rama Publishing, is a non-profit organization established in 1974 and is dedicated to publishing the writings of Baba Hari Dass. All profits from sales of his books are used to support Sri Rama Ashram, an orphanage and school near Haridwar, in the Himalayan foothills of northern India.
The following organizations were inspired by the life of discipline, service, and teachings of Baba Hari Dass:
Sri Rama Foundation (SRF) is a non-profit organization established in 1974 dedicated to publishing the writings by Baba Hari Dass and to providing financial support for the orphanage and village school that he founded in Uttarakhand, India. These projects depend on direct donations to SRF for their support.
- Baba Hari Dass gave all of his extensive writings to Sri Rama Publishing requesting that any profits earned by their publication be used to support Sri Rama Orphanage and School. Babaji’s writings include yoga teachings, commentaries on classical yogic texts, children and adult stories, and masterful advice on living a life of meaning in our contemporary context. Publications are available in hard copy and e-formats. SRF offers several devotional music recordings as well.
- Sri Rama Ashram (SRA) provides a home and education for abandoned children in India, giving them love, respect, and the opportunity to reach their potential as contributing members of society. Located on 16 rural acres in Uttarakhand, India, the ashram provides a stable home, accepts both infants and older children, equally values girls and boys. SRA provides education through college and aids in career development and marriage. There are currently almost 80 children in residence and alumni continue to be part of the growing family.
- Sri Rama Vidya Mandir School (SRVM) is a CBSE affiliated English medium children’s school serving over 600 students in Nursery-Class 12. It provides an affordable quality education to the residents of Sri Rama Ashram and the surrounding rural area. Since its humble beginnings over 500 students have graduated, many of whom are first-generation literate. Almost all have gone on to college, professional careers, and family business and take leadership roles to support their society. SRVM brought educational opportunity to this rural area thus supporting dreams to become a reality.
Hanuman Fellowship (HFS) is a non-profit organization founded by the students of Baba Hari Dass in 1974. It is dedicated to spiritual practice (sadhana), service (karma yoga), and community (satsang). The main projects of Hanuman Fellowship are:
- Mount Madonna Center (MMC) is a yoga conference, and retreat center located on nearly 400 redwood forested acres overlooking the Monterey Bay in the Santa Cruz Mountains. MMC is the home of an intentional community dedicated to yoga practice and a life of service. MMC hosts individuals and groups from around the world.
- Mount Madonna Institute (MMI) is committed to wellness and positive transformation. MMI offers trainings, certificates and a graduate degree that integrates the traditional systems of Yoga, Āyurveda and community with contemporary life and prepares graduates for a variety of careers in the integrative health professions. Currently MMI offers a Master of Arts degree in Āyurveda and nine credential programs in Yoga, Āyurveda and Community Studies
- Sankat Mohan Hanuman Temple is a Vedic temple dedicated to Lord Hanuman in his healing aspect. In the ancient epic Ramayana, Hanuman symbolizes devotion, service, breath practices, and self-control. The ceremony of Ārati, or worship with lights, is performed at the temple twice daily, with reservations required on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
- Pacific Cultural Center (PCC) is a community yoga studio in the Seabright neighborhood of Santa Cruz. PCC offers over 25 diverse weekly yoga classes based on both ancient traditions and modern adaptation serving students of all levels, ages, and abilities.
Mount Madonna School (MMS) is a non-profit Preschool-12th grade children’s school located in the Mount Madonna Center campus in the Santa Cruz Mountains. MMS is accredited by both CAIS and WASC. MMS is a community of learners dedicated to creative, intellectual, and ethical growth. We support our students to become caring, self-aware, discerning, and articulate individuals. We believe a fulfilling life includes personal accomplishments, meaningful relationships, and service to society. Hallmarks of education at MMS include self-reflection based on the guiding principles of Yoga philosophy, learning journeys for all ages, rituals of passage to mark accomplishments and growth, community support, experiential education, and excellent faculty and staff who are dedicated to mission and vision. Graduates of MMS continue their education in college and throughout their life and chosen careers.
Salt Spring Yoga Center (SSC) and School (SSCS) is a non-profit yoga community on Salt Spring Island, BC, Canada devoted to the attainment of peace.
- SSC offers yoga retreats, teachers training, getaways, and workshops and is the longest running yoga retreat center on Canada’s West Coast. The Centre was built by karma yoga (selfless service) and continues to be run in that spirit. The Centre sits amid 69 acres of meadows, forest and organic farmland and the property boasts a large organic farm.
- SSCS offers a secure educational environment in which a child’s inherent love of learning is celebrated. The aim is to foster independent learners who are confident in meeting challenges, academically, emotionally, and socially. The intentions is to build community, instill confidence, nourish creativity, promote curiosity, and practice compassion for generations to come. SSCS serves 1st-5th on its campus located on beautiful SSC.